The history of excellence in Clervaux
A family institution
The traditional building of the Hotel Koener, located at the heart of the pedestian area of Clervaux, has been owned by the family Koener family since 1886. Before being converted into a hotel, a part of the buidling was used as a hospital. Since decades, the Hotel Koener has therefore been an emblem of Clervaux that has never stopped evolving.
The Hotel International, adjoining to the Hotel Koener, was home to the families butcher’s shop, that has first been converted into restaurants before becoming a hotel in the late 1970s.
Between the 1970s and the 2000s, these two establishments never stopped expanding their infrastructures, by first adding numerous restaurants and bars and later on adding the swimming pool wellness area in order to constantly meet the expectations of their customers.